A.L. Chilton Foundation Award
The A. L. Chilton Foundation Award was established to assist graduate students with a one-time award of up to $500* to support research activities such as:
- Assisting with travel relating to research,
- Purchasing material that may be needed for the student’s research that is not available at the university, or
- Purchasing, leasing, or renting any other items or services that will assist the student’s research.
*Requests for awards of more than $500 will be reviewed, but will only be granted for exceptional expenses and if funding is available.
Terms & Conditions
- Preference is given to students enrolled in graduate programs in the Sam M. Walton College of Business and the College of Education and Health Professions, but proposals from graduate students in other colleges are welcome.
- Eligible candidates must be admitted to the University of Arkansas and be regularly admitted to a graduate degree program at the time of application. Candidates must also be approved by the Dean of the Graduate School.
Application and Deadlines
To apply, the student must submit a proposal outlining the research the student is engaged in, and list expected costs related to the research activity the student hopes to partially or fully fund from the Chilton award that will further the student’s research. A memo of support from the student’s adviser must accompany the proposal.
Proposals may be submitted to the Office of Graduate Fellowships and Student Support, GEAR 213 or firstname.lastname@example.org, any time during the year. They will be reviewed by the fellowship committee, and the student will be notified by email of the decision.
Please contact the Office Graduate Fellowships and Student Support, at 479-575-4327 or email@example.com.