Needy Family Graduate Student Emergency Fund
The Needy Family Graduate Student Emergency Fund was established to provide:
Need-based assistance to graduate students with an unforeseen financial emergency beyond their control that hinders their ability to continue in school.
To be eligible for consideration, graduate students must:
- Be full-time.
- Be currently enrolled as a degree-seeking graduate student.
- Be in good academic standing.
- Be experiencing an unexpected or unanticipated financial emergency that puts their education at risk.
This fund cannot be used to pay for tuition or fees.
Funding is limited and when funds are exhausted, awards will not be made. Students may not be eligible to receive an additional award if one has already been awarded.
Students who have received financial aid funds equivalent to the cost of attendance are not allowed to receive additional support and will not be eligible for these awards.
Students may not receive an award from both the Needy Family Graduate Student Emergency Fund and the International Student Emergency Fund.
- Submit an online application and upload supporting documents. Note, a typical award will not exceed $500.00.
- A committee will review each application and make a recommendation to approve or deny the award request. Decisions by the committee are final.
- The student will be notified by the committee of the award decision.
- If approved, the recipient will be notified of payment instructions.
- The student’s personal information and circumstances will remain confidential throughout the process, unless the student gives permission for his/her name to be used in publicity about the fund.
Depending on the time of year, processing of the award may take two weeks to a month.