Needy Family Graduate Student Emergency Fund
The Needy Family Graduate Student Emergency Fund was established to provide:
Need-based assistance to graduate students with an unforeseen financial emergency beyond their control that hinders their ability to continue in school.
To be eligible for consideration, graduate students must:
- Be full-time.
- Be currently enrolled as a degree-seeking graduate student.
- Be in good academic standing.
- Be experiencing an unexpected or unanticipated financial emergency that puts their education at risk.
- Note, funding is limited and when funds are exhausted, awards will not be made. Students may not be eligible to receive an additional award if one has already been awarded.
- Submit an online application and upload supporting documents. Note, a typical award will not exceed $500.00.
- A committee will review each application and make a recommendation to approve or deny the award request. Decisions by the committee are final.
- The student will be notified by the committee of the award decision.
- If approved, the recipient will be notified of payment instructions.
- The student’s personal information and circumstances will remain confidential throughout the process, unless the student gives permission for his/her name to be used in publicity about the fund.
Note: Depending on the time of year, processing of the award may take two weeks to a month.