- Apply to graduate by October 1st via your student center in UA Connect under “My Academics.” The graduation fee will be added to your student account. After the deadline, there is a late application fee for ALL students.
- Consult your Degree Audit to confirm that you have completed all degree requirements. Remind your advisor/committee chair that a Record of Progress must be submitted to the Graduate School and your Degree Audit must be completed by the department.
- Complete all degree requirements (comprehensive exams, incompletes, projects, etc.) no later than December 14th. This does not include theses/dissertations which are due December 7th.
- Schedule your thesis/dissertation defense asap to avoid delays with scheduling all committee members. We recommend defending your thesis/dissertation at least 2 weeks prior to the submission deadline to allow enough time for required revisions. We also recommended that you defend prior to the Thanksgiving break.
- If you are a master’s thesis or doctoral student, format your paper according to the Thesis and Dissertation Guide found at https://graduate-and-international.uark.edu/_resources/forms/thesis-dissertation-guide.pdf
- Send an electronic copy of your thesis/dissertation to the Graduate School (email@example.com) for a formatting pre-check prior to defending and preferably at least 2 weeks prior to the final submission deadline of Friday, December 7th. Further instructions can be found in the Thesis and Dissertation Guide.
- Bring your complete thesis/dissertation submission packet (as outlined in the Guide) to the graduation office (GEAR 207/208) and receive instructions to upload your final thesis/dissertation to ProQuest. Upload must be completed by 4:30pm on December 7th in order to be eligible for graduation.
- The Fall All University Commencement Ceremony will be Saturday, December 15th. Register to participate in the ceremony when applying to graduate in UAConnect. Further information about the ceremony and how to apply can be found on the Registrar’s Office website.