- Apply to graduate by July 1st via your student center in UA Connect under “My Academics.” The graduation fee will be added to your student account. After the deadline, there is a $25 late application fee for ALL students.
- The Graduate School suggests that students contact their advisor or committee to determine whether they have completed all course work.
- Complete all degree requirements (comprehensive exams, incompletes, projects, etc.) no later than August 3rd. This does not include theses/dissertations which are due no later than July 27th.
- Schedule your thesis/dissertation defense as soon as possible to avoid delays with scheduling all committee members. We recommend defending your thesis at least TWO WEEKS prior to the submission deadline to allow enough time for required revisions.
- Review the latest Guide to Preparing Theses & Dissertations found at http://graduate-and-international.uark.edu/graduate/current-students/commencement-graduation.php
- Send an electronic copy of your thesis or dissertation to the Graduate School (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a formatting pre-check prior to defending and at least TWO WEEKS prior to the final submission deadline of Friday, July 27th. Further instructions can be found in the Guide to Preparing Theses & Dissertations Guide to Theses & Dissertations
- Bring your complete thesis/dissertation submission packet (as outlined in the Guide) to the Graduate School (GEAR 207/208) and receive instructions to upload your final thesis/dissertation to ProQuest. Upload must be completed by 4:30pm on July 27th in order to be eligible for graduation.
- If you did not participate in the Spring All University Commencement Ceremony you are eligible to participate in the Fall Commencement Ceremony. Further information can be found on the Registrar’s Office website: http://registrar.uark.edu/.