Learn About Us
The Graduate School and International Education is the home for all graduate students and all international students, both graduate and undergraduate, and all students seeking an educational experience abroad. We recruit, retain and graduate students who ask tough questions, drive innovation, break barriers, explore every angle and solve complex problems. We lead change, and our future has never been brighter.
The Graduate School at the University of Arkansas has a reputation for producing some of the most influential leaders and researchers of our time. Our students work with experts in their fields who are striving to answer today’s most challenging questions. They are at the forefront of discovery and are committed to enriching the global community.
- 4,161 graduate students enrolled
- 50:50 ratio of male to female graduate students
- 15% under-represented graduate students
- 18% international graduate students
- 7 Southern Regional Education Board Scholars
- 13 NSF Graduate Research Fellows
- 50 Benjamin Franklin Lever Fellows
- 50 Fulbright Scholars enrolled
- 261 doctoral fellows
- More than 575 travel grants awarded (fiscal year 2016)
- 1,539 graduate assistantships awarded
Serving as a gateway to outdoor adventures of the Ozarks, and home to the state's flagship educational institution, Fayetteville has consistently ranked on Livability.com's Top 100 Best Places to Live lists and well as the 2013 Top 10 College Towns list.