- Apply to graduate by October 1st via your student center in UA Connect under “Degree Audit > Apply for Graduation.” The graduation fee will be added to your student account. After the deadline, there is a late application fee for ALL students.
- Consult your Degree Audit to confirm that you have completed all degree requirements. Remind your advisor/committee chair that your Degree Audit must be completed by the department.
- Complete all degree requirements (comprehensive exams, incompletes, projects, etc.) no later than December 16th. This does not include theses/dissertations which are due December 8th.
- Schedule your thesis/dissertation defense as early as possible to avoid delays with scheduling all committee members. We recommend defending your thesis/dissertation at least TWO WEEKS prior to the submission deadline to allow enough time for required revisions. We also recommended that you defend prior to the Thanksgiving break.
- If you are a master’s thesis or doctoral student, format your paper according to the Thesis and Dissertation Guide.
- Send an electronic copy of your thesis/dissertation to the Graduate School (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a formatting pre-check prior to defending and preferably at least TWO WEEKS prior to the final submission deadline of Friday, December 8th. Further instructions can be found in the Thesis and Dissertation Guide.
- Submit your complete thesis/dissertation submission packet (as outlined in the Guide) to email@example.com and receive instructions to upload your final thesis/dissertation to ProQuest. Upload must be completed by 4:30pm on December 8th to be eligible for graduation.
- The Fall All University Commencement Ceremony will be Saturday, December 16th. Register to participate in the ceremony when applying to graduate in UAConnect. Further information about the ceremony and how to apply can be found on the Registrar’s Office website.
- The graduation office is located in Gearhart Hall 210 or 575-4401
- Make sure you have submitted title and committee forms to the Grad School
- Format your thesis/dissertation according to the latest Thesis and Dissertation Guide
- Degrees are posted to transcripts 4-6 weeks after graduation date
- Diplomas are mailed by the Registrar’s Office approximately 8-10 weeks after graduation date
Graduation Application Due
Theses & Dissertations Due
Must have completed all degree requirements
Degree Audits should be complete