Summer Graduation Checklist
- Apply to graduate by July 1 via your student center in UA Connect under “My Academics.” The graduation fee will be added to your student account. After the deadline, there is a $25 late application fee for all students.
- Consult your Degree Audit to confirm that you have completed all degree requirements. Remind your advisor/committee chair that your Degree Audit must be completed by the department.
- Complete all degree requirements (comprehensive exams, incompletes, projects, etc.) no later than August 4. This does not include theses/dissertations which are due no later than July 28.
- Schedule your thesis/dissertation defense as early as possible to avoid delays with scheduling all committee members. We recommend defending your thesis at least two weeks prior to the submission deadline to allow enough time for required revisions.
- If you are a master’s thesis or doctoral student, format your paper according to the Thesis and Dissertation Guide.
- Send an electronic copy of your thesis or dissertation to the Graduate School (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a formatting pre-check prior to defending and at least two weeks prior to the final submission deadline of Friday, July 28. Further instructions can be found in the Thesis and Dissertation Guide.
- The graduation office is located in Gearhart Hall 207/208 or 575-4401
- Make sure you have submitted title & committee forms to the Grad School
- Review the latest Guide to Theses & Dissertations
- Degrees are posted to transcripts 4-6 weeks after graduation date
- Diplomas are mailed by the Registrar’s Office approximately 8-10 weeks after graduation date
Graduation Application Due
Thesis & Dissertation Due
Complete all degree requirements
Degree Audits should be complete