Thursday, August 21, 2014
Upchurch Conference Room, Bell Engineering
Please note that we are moving back to Upchurch.
- Minutes for the May 15, Graduate Council meeting will stand approved if no corrections
are received. (Please review the Graduate Council Minutes).
- Reminder to poll constituencies about the proposed changes to the Spoken English Language
Proficiency requirement for non-native speakers of English who wish to hold a graduate
assistantship that requires direct contact with students in a teaching or tutorial
role. The proposal is in the May 2014 minutes.
- Report from the Academic Appeals Committee and the Teaching Effectiveness Advisory
- Old Business: Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences
- Program in Comparative Literature and Cultural Studies, proposal to modify the Ph.D.
degree (CLCS) in the ways described in Section V of Attachment A.
- Department of Mathematical Sciences, proposal to modify the M.A. degree in Secondary
Mathematics (SMTHMA) in the ways described in Attachment B and Attachment C.
- Department of Music, proposal to change the name of the Graduate Certificate in Advanced
Instrumental Performance (MUSCGC) to a Graduate Certificate in Advanced Performance
(Attachment D and Attachment E).
- New Business, Policy Change: Proposed change to membership of the Teaching Assistant
Effectiveness Advisory Committee, to add a representative from the Teaching and Faculty
Support Center (Attachment F).
- Course change reports from the University Course and Programs Committee (UCPC) (Attachment G)
- Graduate faculty recommendations for graduate assistants: A preliminary list is attached
(Attachment H). A complete list will be distributed at the meeting.
- Graduate faculty recommendations for faculty: A preliminary list is attached (Attachment I). A complete list will be distributed at the meeting.
- Other Business