Graduate Council Minutes
June 16, 2016
Voting: Professors T.P. Cronan, N.D. Dennis, K. Korth, D. Shirey, F. Spiegel, R. Warren
Non-Voting: Professors J. Ganson, P.R. Koski, Y. Murphy-Erby, L.J. Robertson; Dr. S. Adams
Voting: Professors V. Anand, J.R. Chimka, K.S. Grover, V.H. Hunt, J.B. Kerr, K.L. Needy, J.T. Scott; two representatives from the Graduate Dean’s Student Advisory Board
Non-Voting: Professors M.T. Miller, A. O’Leary Kelly
SECRETARY: Ms. T. M. Fisher
GUESTS Ms. L. Mosesso
The meeting was called to order at 2:00 p.m. by Chair Patricia Koski
- Minutes for the April 21st, 2016, Graduate Council meeting stand approved, as no changes were suggested. (The minutes of the Graduate Council may be found at http://grad.uark.edu/dean/gradcouncil/minutes). Note: The Council did not meet in May.
- Professor Koski reported that the Academic Appeals Committee met and heard one case; the Teaching Assistant Effectiveness Advisory Committee is planning the TA Orientation to be held in August. There were no reports for the Calendar and Library Committees.
This meeting is the final meeting of the Graduate Council for the 2015-2016 academic
year and as a result, several members of the Council will be leaving.
Professor Koski thanked each of the following for their dedicated service to the
Graduate Council and the University of Arkansas:
- Thad Scott, Bumpers College
- Lona Robertson, ex officio, Bumpers College
- Brinck Kerr, Fulbright College
- Fred Spiegel, Fulbright College
- Yvette Murphy-Erby, ex officio, Fulbright College
- Kenda Grover, College of Education & Health Professions
- Michael T. Miller, ex officio, College of Education & Health Professions
- Anne O’Leary Kelly, ex officio, Walton College
- Judy Ganson, ex officio, University Libraries
- Blandine Mbianda Kemayou, Graduate Dean’s Student Advisory Board
- Maggie Jo Pruitt Hansen, Graduate Dean’s Student Advisory Board
- Tom Talafuse, Graduate Dean’s Student Advisory Board
- There was no old business.
- Discussion/New Business: After reports from constituencies, the Council approved the modification to the Transfer Credit Policy as shown in Attachment A.
- The course change reports listed in Attachment B were approved unanimously.
- The graduate faculty recommendation contained in Attachment C was approved by a vote of five in favor and one opposed.
- The graduate faculty recommendations contained in Attachment D were approved unanimously.
There being no other business, the Council adjourned at 2:25 p.m. The Council will meet next on Thursday, August 18th, 2016, in the Upchurch Conference Room of Bell Engineering.
Submitted by: Patricia R. Koski, Chair
Approved by: Kim Needy, Dean