Thursday, March 19th, 2020
- Minutes for the February 20th, 2020, , Graduate Council meeting will stand approved if no corrections are received. (Please review the minutes on the Graduate School web page before the meeting: Graduate Council Minutes)
- New Business, Program Proposal, School of Law/Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences, Department of Political Science, proposal to modify the JD/MA program by broadening the range of graduate course work in Political Science allowed for the degree.
- New Business, Program Changes, College of Education and Health Professions, Department of Curriculum and Instruction, proposal to modify the Master of Education in Special Education (SPEDME) by removing the requirement for a standardized test for admission to the program and adding a requirement of a statement of purpose and resume/CV for application to the program.
- New Business: Policy Change: Proposal to change the graduate faculty representatives of the Graduate Council from elected members to the Associate Dean for the College who serves in the ex officio or elected role with the Council.
- New Business: Process Change: Proposal to create a shorter approval process for minor program changes (Attachment B).
- Discussion: joint doctoral programs
- Course change reports from the University Course and Programs Committee (UCPC) (Attachment C)
- Graduate faculty recommendations for faculty: A preliminary list is attached (Attachment D). A complete list will be distributed at the meeting.
- Other Business