Thursday, November 18, 2021
- Minutes for the October 21, 2021 Graduate Council meeting will stand approved if no corrections are received. (Please review the Graduate Council Minutes)
- New administrative units have been created: Center of Media, Technology, and Health, Center for the Study of Childhood Art
- There has been a name change for the Department of Interior Design to the Department of Interior Architecture and Design
- There has been a name change for the Tyson Center for Faith & Spirituality in the Workplace to the Tyson Center for Faith-Friendly Workplaces
- Other Announcements
- Dean’s Report
- New Business, Program Changes, Fay Jones School of Architecture and Design, Proposal to change the CIP code for the Integrated Wood Design concentration in the Master of Design Studies degree (DSGNMDS-IWDS).
New Business, Program Changes, Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences, School
- Proposal to modify the Master of Arts degree in Art Education (AREDMA) by modifying admission requirements and curricular requirements.
- Proposal to inactivate the Community and Museums concentration (AREDMA-CMMS) and the Schools concentration (AREDMA-SCHL) in the Master of Arts degree in Art Education.
New Business, Program Changes, College of Education and Health Professions
- Department of Curriculum and Instruction, Proposal to modify the M.Ed. degree in Special Education (SPEDME) by modifying admission requirements and specifying licensure requirements.
Department of Health, Human Performance and Recreation
- Proposal to modify the Master of Public Health Degree (PBHLMPH) by changing curricular requirements.
- Proposal to modify the Physical Activity (PBHLMPH-PHAC) and Public Health Practice (PBHLMPH-PHPR) concentrations in the Master of Public Health degree by modifying curricular requirements.
- Department of Rehabilitation, Human Resources, and Communication Disorders, proposal to modify the Master of Science degree in Counseling (CNSLMS) by cleaning up language regarding background checks and drug screening.
New Business, Program Changes, Graduate School, program in Statistics and Analytics
- Proposal to modify the master of science degree (STANMS) and concentrations in Biological Analytics (STANMS-BIOL), Business Analytics (STANMS-BSAN), Computational Analytics (STANMS-CPAN), Educational Statistics and Psychometrics
- (STANMS-EDSP), Operations Analytics (STANMS-OPAN), Quantitative Social Science (STANMS-QNSS), and Statistics (STANMS-STAT) concentrations by eliminating the online option.
- Proposal to modify the Business Analytics concentration (STANMS-BSAN) by deleting ISYS 511V and replacing it with ISYS 5103
- Proposal to modify the Computational Analytics concentration (STANMS-CPAN) by replacing old 4000-level dual credit numbers with new 5000-level numbers as the same courses
- Proposal to modify the Quantitative Social Science concentration (STANMS-QNSS) by switching ECON 4753 with ECON 5753
- New Business, New Program Proposal, Fulbright College, School of Art, proposal to create a master of arts degree in Art History in Arts of the Americas (AHAAMA) may be viewed on The Registrar's Office Program and Unit Changes page or in Attachment A.
- New Business, Policy Changes
- Course change reports from the University Course and Programs Committee (UCPC) (Attachments G and Attachment H)
- Preliminary lists of graduate faculty recommendations for faculty (Attachment I) and for graduate assistants (Attachment J) are attached. Updated lists will be provided in advance of the meeting.
- Other Business