February 15, 2018
Voting: Professors J.R. Chimka, R. Costrell, N.D. Dennis, V.H. Hunt, R. Kali, J.W. Murry, K.L. Needy, J.C. Rupe, A. Zajicek; Mr. M. Christie; Ms. M. Johnson
Non-Voting: Professors A.E. Ellstrand, J. Hulen, P.R. Koski, L.L. Lennertz, K. Mamiseishvili; Dr. L.L. Lander
Voting: Professors T.P. Cronan, P,K. Dowe, J. Gigantino, K. Korth
Non-Voting: Professor Lona Robertson
SECRETARY: Ms. T. M. Fisher
The meeting was called to order at 2:00 p.m. by Chair Patricia Koski
- Professor Koski amended the agenda to add a new item which is 6b, below.
- Minutes for the January 18, 2018, Graduate Council meeting stand approved, as no changes were suggested. (Graduate Council Minutes).
- Professor Koski welcomed Dr. L. Lander to the Council. Dr. Lander replaces Dr. S. Adams as the representative from Student Affairs.
- Dean Needy updated the Council on the search for the Vice Provost for Research and Innovation.
- Old Business: None
- Professor N. Dennis presented a proposal to modify the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Biological Engineering (BENGMS; BENGPH) by adding a requirement for a journal quality paper and setting a maximum number of 4000-level courses that can be used for the degrees. This proposal is contained in Attachment A.
- Professor R. Kali presented a proposal to modify the academic probation policy for the MBA degree, as shown in Attachment B.
- The course change report from the University Course and Programs Committee was unanimously approved (Attachment C).
- The graduate faculty recommendations contained in Attachment D were unanimously approved.
There being no other business, the Council adjourned at 2:27 p.m. The Council will meet next on Thursday, March 15th at 2:00 p.m., in the Upchurch Conference Room of Bell Engineering.