Graduate Council Agenda
Thursday, October 27, 2016
Upchurch Conference Room, Bell Engineering
- Minutes for the August 18th, 2016, Graduate Council meeting will stand approved if no corrections are received. (Please review the Graduate Council Minutes). (Note: The Graduate Council did not meet in September.)
- Old Business: None
New Business, program changes, College of Education and Health Professions, Department
of Curriculum and Instruction,
- Proposal to offer the Building-level Administration graduate certificate on-line;
- Proposal to offer the District-Level Administration graduate certificate on-line;
- Proposal to offer a new graduate certificate: K-12 Online Teaching
- New Business: GSC Resolution: Life Event and Medical Leave for University-Funded Students (Attachment B).
- New Business: Change to graduate faculty classifications: Currently, only tenured/tenure-track faculty plus professors, associate professors and assistant professors with Research and Clinical as modifiers are allowed to have permanent graduate faculty status. We are proposing to change that rule so that only lecturers and adjunct faculty have temporary graduate faculty status; all other categories have permanent status. The change would affect only the title of instructor.
- Discussion: Should we require background checks for all graduate assistants?
- Discussion: Should summer enrollment be required for post-candidacy doctoral students?
- Course change reports from the University Course and Programs Committee (UCPC) (Attachment C).
- Graduate faculty application for David Chioffi for Group I.
- Graduate faculty recommendations for faculty: A preliminary list is attached (Attachment D). A complete list will be distributed at the meeting.
- Other Business