Graduate Council Agenda
Thursday, December 15, 2016
Upchurch Conference Room, Bell Engineering
- Minutes for the November 17th, 2016, Graduate Council meeting will stand approved if no corrections are received. (Please review the Graduate Council Minutes).
- Old Business: None
New Business, Program Changes for the following degree programs are being proposed.
Details may be found in
- Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food and Life Sciences: Proposal to delete the graduate certificate in Bioenergy and Sustainable Technology (BSTCGC).
College of Education and Health Professions
- ) Department of Rehabilitation, Human Resources, and Communication Disorders, Proposal to modify the admission requirements for the M.Ed. degree in Adult and Lifelong Learning (ADDLME) by eliminating the requirement for a standardized exam.
- ) Department of Curriculum and Instruction, Proposal to create a graduate certificate in K-12 On-Line Teaching (ETECGC) and to offer it on-line.
- ) Department of Curriculum and Instruction, Proposal to modify the admissions requirements for the M.Ed. degree in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESLME) by adding the Praxis Core or equivalent as part of the admission criteria and removing the requirement of a Chalk and Wire portfolio
- College of Engineering: Proposal to modify the MS degree in Chemical Engineering (CHEGMS) by changing the thesis requirements to make them consistent with the non-thesis and Ph.D. degree requirements. Total hours remain unchanged.
- Department of Graduate Dean: Proposal to modify the catalog copy for the Agricultural Policy concentration in the Public Policy Ph.D. program (PUBPPH-AGPO). No curriculum changes are being proposed.
- Discussion: Should we require background checks for all graduate assistants?
- Discussion: Should summer enrollment be required for post-candidacy doctoral students?
- Course change reports from the University Course and Programs Committee (UCPC) (Attachment B).
- Graduate faculty recommendations for faculty: A preliminary list is attached (Attachment C). A complete list will be distributed at the meeting.
- Other Business