December 10th, 2020
Faculty representatives: Professors P.C. Calleja, T.P. Cronan, N.D. Dennis, A.P.G. Dowling, J. Gigantino, C. Hestekin, V. H. Hunt, J.B. Kerr, J.W. Murry, J.C. Rupe, J.D. Webb
Student representatives: Mr. J. DiLoreto-Hill; Ms. K. Dzurilla; Mr. W.E. Sebree
Professors A. Gonzalez, A.E. Ellstrand, E. Goodstein-Murphree, P.R. Koski, K. Mamiseishvili, L.J. Robertson, A. Zajicek
Division of Student Affairs representative: Dr. L.M. Yingling
Professor V. Anand
Student representative: Ms. N.B. Evans
Professor B. Williams
The meeting was called to order at 2:00 p.m. by Chair Patricia Koski.
- Minutes for the November 19, 2020, Graduate Council meeting stand approved, as no changes were suggested. (Graduate Council Minutes.)
- Professor Koski told the Council that the search for the associate dean for the Graduate School had just completed interviews. She also told the Council that a new graduate faculty application will soon be posted on the GSIE website.
The following program proposals were approved unanimously and will go next to
the Faculty Senate (the name of the presenter is in parentheses):
- Department of History, proposal to modify the M.A. degree in History (HISTMA) by a) creating a non-thesis option and b) introducing a 4+1 program. (Professor J. Gigantino)
Department of Rehabilitation, Human Resources and Communication Disorders (Professor
- Proposal to delete the graduate certificate in Educational Psychology (EDPSCGC).
- Proposal to modify the Master of Science degree in Counseling (CNSLMS) by making curricular changes and adding a policy on background check requirements and dismissal procedures consistent with national accreditation standards.
- Proposal to modify the Doctor of Philosophy degree in Counselor Education (CNEDPH) by adding information on background checks and dismissal procedures consistent with national accreditation standards.
- Proposal to create a Master of Science degree in Marketing (MKTGMS) (Professor A. Ellstrand).
- The course change reports contained in Attachment B were approved unanimously.
- The graduate faculty recommendations contained in Attachment C were approved unanimously either at the meeting or by remote vote since the October meeting.
There being no other business, the Council adjourned at 2:43 p.m. The Council will meet next in a virtual format on January 21, 2021.