January 16th, 2020
Voting: Professors P.C. Calleja, T.P. Cronan, N.D. Dennis, A.G.P. Dowling, J. Gigantino, V. H. Hunt, J.C. Rupe, J.D. Webb, A. Zajicek; Ms. A. Phillips; Ms. A. Robero
Non-Voting: Professors A.E. Ellstrand, J. Hulen, L.L. Lennertz, P.R. Koski, K. Mamiseishvili; Dr. L.M. Yingling
Voting: Professors V.P. Anand, J.W. Murry, K.L. Needy
Non-Voting: Professor L.J. Robertson
SECRETARY Terri Fisher
GUESTS Professors R. Glade; L. Pryor Sparks
The meeting was called to order at 2:00 p.m. by Chair Patricia Koski.
- Minutes for the December 19th, 2019, Graduate Council meeting stand approved, as no changes were suggested. (Graduate Council Minutes)
- New Business: The following program proposals were approved unanimously and will go
next to the Faculty Senate for vote (presenter’s name is in parentheses):
- Department of English, proposal to modify the master of arts degree (ENGLMA) by offering two new areas of specialization (note: these are not new concentrations) (Professor L. Pryor Sparks).
- Department of Health, Human Performance and Recreation, proposal to modify the master of science degree in Community Health Promotion (CHLPMS) by changing the degree and name to Master of Public Health, with concentrations in Public Health Practice and Physical Activity (Professor P. Calleja).
- Eleanor Mann School of Nursing, proposal to modify the master of science in Nursing degree (MSN) by making curricular changes (Professor K. Mamiseishvili).
- Department of Rehabilitation, Human Resources and Communication Disorders, proposal to modify the master of science degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders (CDISMS) by increasing the requirement for clinical course hours from 11 to 15 and the degree hours from 47 to 51, removing CDIS 5531 Professional Issues from the list of required courses, and increasing elective hours from six to nine credits (Professor R. Glade).
- The course change reports contained in Attachment B were approved unanimously.
- The graduate faculty recommendations contained in Attachment C were approved unanimously.
There being no other business, the Council adjourned at 2:30 p.m. The Council will meet next on February 20th, 2020 at 2:00 p.m.