March 19th, 2020
MEMBERS VOTING: Professors V.P. Anand, P.C. Calleja, T.P Cronan, N.D. Dennis, A.G.P. Dowling, J. Gigantino, V. H. Hunt, J.D Kerr, J.W. Murry, K.L. Needy, J.C. Rupe, J.D. Webb, A. Zajicek; Ms. A. Phillips; Ms. A. Romero
MEMBERS NOT VOTING: None.
NON-VOTING MEMBERS: Professors A.E. Ellstrand, J. Hulen, P.R. Koski, L.L. Lennertz, K. Mamiseishvili, L.J. Robertson; Dr. L.M. Yingling
SECRETARY Terri Fisher
- Minutes for the January 16thth, 2020, Graduate Council meeting stand approved, as no changes were suggested. (Graduate Council Minutes)
New Business: The following program change proposals were approved unanimously
and will go next to the Faculty Senate for vote:
- Proposal to modify the JD/PLSCMA program by broadening the range of graduate course work in Political Science allowed for the degree.
- Proposal to modify the Master of Education in Special Education (SPEDME) by removing the requirement for a standardized test for admission to the program and adding a requirement of a statement of purpose and resume/CV for application to the program.
- New Business: The proposal to create a shorter approval process for minor program changes was approved unanimously and will go next to the Faculty Senate for vote (Attachment B).
Two items were held for the next face-to-face meeting:
- A proposal to change the graduate faculty representatives of the Graduate Council from elected members to the Associate Dean for the College who serves in the ex officio or elected role with the Council.
- A discussion about joint doctoral programs.
- The course change reports contained in Attachment Cwere approved unanimously.
- The graduate faculty recommendations contained in Attachment D were approved unanimously.