November 19th, 2020
Faculty representatives: Professors V. Anand, T.P. Cronan, J. Gigantino, V. H. Hunt, J.B. Kerr, J.W. Murry, J.C. Rupe, J.D. Webb
Student representatives: Mr. J. DiLoreto-Hill; Ms. K. Dzurilla; Ms. N.B. Evans, Mr. W.E. Sebree
Professors A. Gonzalez, A.E. Ellstrand, E. Goodstein-Murphree, P.R. Koski, K. Mamiseishvili, L.J. Robertson, A. Zajicek
Professors P.C. Calleja, N.D. Dennis, A.P.G Dowling, C. Hestekin
Division of Student Affairs representative: Dr. L.M. Yingling
Professors J. Endacott, M. Lane, R. Sabherwal, A. Place
The meeting was called to order at 2:00 p.m. by Chair Patricia Koski.
- Minutes for the October 15, 2020, Graduate Council meeting stand approved, as no changes were suggested. (Graduate Council Minutes).
- Professor Koski reminded the Council that this is International Education Week and encouraged everyone to take advantage of the many events.
The following program proposals were approved unanimously and will go next to
the Faculty Senate (the name of the presenter is in parentheses):
- Proposal to modify the admissions requirements for the Educational Specialist degree in Curriculum and Instruction (CIEDES) by requiring the GRE only for those applicants with a GPA below 3.5 in prior graduate work. (Professor J. Endacott)
- Proposal to modify the admissions and graduation requirements for the Masters of Education degree in Curriculum and Instruction (CIEDME) by eliminating the GRE as a requirement for admission and making curricular changes. (Professor J. Endacott)
- Proposal to modify the Master of Education degree in Higher Education (HIEDME) by increasing the required hours from 33 to 36 and revising course requirements. (Professor K. Mamiseishvili)
- Proposal to modify the Educational Statistics and Psychometrics Concentration in the Masters of Science degree in Statistics and Analytics (STANMS-EDSP) by removing ESRM 5653 as a required course; adding ESRM 5013 as a required course; and reducing the number of required hours from 12 to nine, making the degree hours in this concentration consistent with the other concentrations (30 hours). (Professor P. Koski)
- Proposal to modify the Statistics Concentration in the Masters of Science degree in Statistics and Analytics (STANMS-STAT) by removing STAT 639V as a required course and replacing it with STAT 5443 Computational Statistics. (Professor P. Koski)
- Proposal to modify the Enterprise Systems Graduate Certificate (ENTGSGC) by adding ISYS 5103 to the required courses and adding a track in Cybersecurity. (Professor P. Cronan) (Note: 4000 level courses were replaced by 5000 level courses)*
- Proposal to modify the Master of Information Systems degree (INSYMI) by adding a concentration in Cybersecurity Management (INSYMI-CBMT). (Professor P. Cronan) (Note: 4000 level courses were replaced by 5000 level courses)*
- Proposal to modify the Ph.D. degree in Information Systems (ISYSPH) by making curricular changes and clarifying existing requirements. (Professor R. Sabherwal)
- Proposal to create a Master of Design degree in Design for Collaborative Futures (DCFMDES). (Professor A. Place)
- A policy change for graduate certificates to require all course work to be above the 5000 level was approved unanimously. This is to keep our requirements consistent with Arkansas Division of Higher Education standards. Attachment D.
- The course change reports contained in Attachment E were approved unanimously.
- The graduate faculty recommendations contained in Attachment F were approved unanimously. Attachment G is the list of graduate faculty approved remotely since the October meeting.
There being no other business, the Council adjourned at 2:56 p.m. The Council will meet next in a virtual format on December 10th.