February 17th, 2022
Faculty representatives: Professors P.C Calleja, A.P.G. Dowling, K. Hall, C. Harris, C. Hestekin, V. H. Hunt, J.W. Murry, J.C. Rupe, A. Stoverink, J.D. Webb, J. Whayne
Student representatives: Ms. K. Dzurilla, Ms. C. Wood
Professors A.E. Ellstrand, M.S. Ganio, J. Gigantino, A. Gonzalez, L.J. Robertson, A. Zajicek
Professor T.P. Cronan, L. Hinrichsen, C.R. Rom
Student representatives: Ms. T. Kuykendall, Ms. C. Barnes
Professors E. Goodstein-Murphree
Division of Student Affairs representative: Dr. L.M. Yingling
Mr. Dakota Kalkstein
Professor G.S. Parnell
The meeting was called to order at 2:00 p.m. by Chair James Gigantino.
- Minutes for the January 20th, 2021 Graduate Council meeting stand approved, as no changes were suggested. (Graduate Council Minutes.)
- 2. Announcements: Professor J. Gigantino reported to the Committee that there is a new Graduate Faculty Application, which combines the previous Graduate Faculty Application with the Contingent Graduate Faculty Application (Attachment A). Professor J. Gigantino then informed the Committee about the establishment of a new off campus location: The Collaborative (Attachment B). Professor J. Gigantino notified the Committee of the deletion of active courses with no enrollment for 6+ years, and inactive courses for 3+ years (Attachment C and Attachment D). Lastly, Professor J. Gigantino announced that the conclusion of the Fall 2021 semester graduated the first MicroCertificate and the second Fay Jones School of Architecture and Design graduate student graduate student.
The following were approved unanimously and will go to Faculty Senate (the name of
the presenter is in parentheses):
College of Engineering, Department of Industrial Engineering (Professor G.S. Parnell)
- Proposal to create new Graduate MicroCertificate in Systems Engineering Analytics (EMSAGM)
- Proposal to create new Graduate MicroCertificate in Systems Engineering and Engineering Management (EMSEGM)
- Proposal to create new Graduate MicroCertificate in Advanced Air Mobility Autonomous Operations (OMAMGM)
- Proposal to create a new Graduate MicroCertificate in Decision Support for Operations Managers (OMDSGM)
- Proposal to create a new Graduate MicroCertificate in Leading Operational Change (OMLCGM)
- Proposal to create a new Graduate MicroCertificate in Analytics of Operations Managers (OMOAGM)
College of Education and Health Professions (Professor M.S. Ganio)
- Proposal to modify the Doctor of Occupational Therapy degree (OTDEDP) by modifying program requirements, modifying program progression, clarifying the screening process, clarifying academic and professional and ethical probation, and modifying dismissal policies.
Graduate School and International Education (Professor J. Gigantino)
- Proposal to deactivate the Statistics and Analytics Graduate Certificate (STANGC)
- College of Engineering, Department of Industrial Engineering (Professor G.S. Parnell)
- New Business: The Council discussed and unanimously approved the proposition to alter the existing Graduate School and International Education’s catalog by adding a 2.85 GPA requirement to Graduate Certificate Programs (Attachment F).
- New Business: The Council discussed and unanimously approved the proposed modifications to the PhD and EdD Degree Requirements (Attachment G).
- New Business: The Council discussed and unanimously approved the proposed modifications to the Graduate English Language Proficiency Requirements (Attachment H).
- The Course change reports from the University Course and Programs Committee (UCPC) and Annual Course Review, Active Courses with No Enrollment in 4-5 Years contained in Attachment I and Attachment J, were approved unanimously.
- The Council discussed and unanimously approved the Graduate Faculty recommendations for faculty (Attachment K). Included in this attachment are recommendations and approved remotely via email since the January 20th, 2022, Graduate Council meeting.
- Other Business: The Council Discussed the mode of its gathering for the remainder of the Spring 2022 Semester, in which the Council voted 10 to 4 in favor of meeting in a virtual format.
There being no other business, the Council adjourned at 2:55 p.m. The Council will meet next in a virtual format on March 17th, 2022.