January 20th, 2022
Faculty representatives: Professors P.C Calleja, T.P. Cronan, A.P.G. Dowling, K. Hall, C. Harris, C. Hestekin, V. H. Hunt, C.R. Rom, J.C. Rupe, A. Stoverink, J.D. Webb, J. Whayne
Student representatives: Ms. K. Dzurilla, Ms. C. Wood, Ms. T. Kuykendall, Ms. C. Barnes
Professors A.E. Ellstrand, M.S. Ganio, J. Gigantino, L.J. Robertson, A. Zajicek
Professor L. Hinrichsen
Professors A. Gonzalez, E. Goodstein-Murphree
Division of Student Affairs representative: Dr. L.M. Yingling
Mr. Dakota Kalkstein
Professors B.A. McMahon, J. Johnson, G. Parnell, M.M. Lane, S. Tung
The meeting was called to order at 2:00 p.m. by Chair James Gigantino.
- Minutes for the December 16th, 2021 Graduate Council meeting stand approved, as no changes were suggested. (Graduate Council Minutes.)
- Announcements: Professor J. Gigantino welcomed Professor C.R. Rom as the Interim Dean of the Graduate School and International Education as of January 1st, 2022.
- Dean’s Report: Professor C.R. Rom began by welcoming Professor J. Gigantino back from leave. Professor C.R. Rom then informed the Council of the new Interim Associate Dean of International Education, Professor F. Hagstrom. Professor C.R. Rom then informed the Council of the administrative challenges following spike in COVID-19 cases.
The following program proposals were approved unanimously and will go to the Faculty
Senate (the name of the presenter is in parentheses):
Bumpers College if Agricultural, Food. And Life Sciences
- Proposal to modify the Master of Science degree in Agricultural Economics (AGECMS) by changing prerequisites and modifying program requirements and making course adjustments (Professor L.J. Robertson).
College of Engineering
- Proposal to modify the Doctor of Philosophy degree in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) (MEEGPH) by updating catalog language to include program requirements (Professor S. Tung).
- Proposal to modify the Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering degree (BMEGMS) by creating an accelerated option (Professor K. Hall).
- Proposal to create a new Graduate Certificate in Engineering Management Analytics (EMGAGC) (Professor G. Parnell).
Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences
- Proposal to change the name and program code of the Master of Design degree in Design for Collaborative Futures (DCFMDES) to Design degree in Communication Design (CDESMDES) (Professor B.A. McMahon).
Walton College of Business
- Proposal to modify the Doctor of Philosophy degree in Business Administration (Supply Chain Management) (SCMTPH) by altering program and admission requirements (Professor A.E. Ellstrand).
- Proposal to create a new Master of Science degree in Product Innovation (PRINMS) (Professor J. Johnson).
- Bumpers College if Agricultural, Food. And Life Sciences
- New Business: The Council discussed the Course Delivery Mode Definitions (Attachment D), the results of a campus wide effort to institutionalize long-term remote learning. The Council voted 16 to 1 in favor of the propositions.
- The Course change reports from the University Course and Programs Committee (UCPC) contained in Attachment B were approved unanimously.
- The Council discussed and unanimously approved the Graduate Faculty recommendations for faculty (Attachment C). Included in this attachment are recommendations approved remotely via email since the December 16th, 2021 Graduate Council meeting.
- Other Business: The Council agreed to discuss the mode of its gathering for the Spring 2022 Semester at the succeeding Graduate Council meeting.
There being no other business, the Council adjourned at 3:05 p.m. The Council will meet next in a virtual format on February 17th, 2022.