March 17th, 2022
Faculty representatives: Professors P.C Calleja, A.P.G. Dowling, K. Hall, C. Harris, C. Hestekin, V. H. Hunt, J.W. Murry, J.C. Rupe, A. Stoverink, J.D. Webb, J. Whayne
Student representatives: Ms. K. Dzurilla, Ms. C. Wood
Professors A.E. Ellstrand, M.S. Ganio, J. Gigantino, A. Gonzalez, L.J. Robertson, A. Zajicek
Professors T.P. Cronan, L. Hinrichsen, C.R. Rom
Student representatives: Ms. T. Kuykendall, Ms. C. Barnes
Professors E. Goodstein-Murphree
Division of Student Affairs representative: Dr. L.M. Yingling
Mr. Dakota Kalkstein
Professor G.S. Parnell
The meeting was called to order at 2:02 p.m. by Chair James Gigantino.
- Minutes for the February 17th, 2021, Graduate Council meeting stand approved, as no changes were suggested. (Graduate Council Minutes.)
- Announcements: Professor J. Gigantino reported to the Committee about university wide staffing issues. Professor J. Gigantino went on to tell the Committee that the Graduate School & International Education is experiencing heavy application volume.
The following were approved unanimously and will go to Faculty Senate (the name
of the presenter is in parentheses):
College of Education and Health Professionals
- Proposal to delete the Master of Education degree in Career and Technical Education (CATEME) (Professor M.S. Ganio)
- Proposal to modify the Master of Science degree in Exercise Science (EXSCMS) by creating a 4+1 program (Professor P.C. Calleja)
Fay Jones School of Architecture and Design (Professor J.D. Webb)
- Proposal to modify the Master of Design Studies degree by creating a new concentration in Health and Wellness Design (DSGNMDS-HLWL)
- College of Education and Health Professionals
New Business: The Council discussed and unanimously approved the proposition to
- Add a voting member (in cases of courses and programs only) from the School of Law
- Add an ex-officio member from the Undergraduate Council
- The Course change reports from the University Course and Programs Committee (UCPC) and Annual Course contained in Attachment B were approved unanimously
- The Council discussed and unanimously approved the Graduate Faculty recommendations for faculty (Attachment C). Included in this attachment are Graduate Assistant Graduate Faculty recommendations.
There being no other business, the Council adjourned at 2:20 p.m. The Council will meet next in a virtual format on April 21st, 2022.