Thursday, May 21st, 2015
Upchurch Conference Room, Bell Engineering
- Minutes for the April 16th, 2015, Graduate Council meeting will stand approved if no corrections are received. (Please review the Graduate Council Minutes) before the meeting.
- Report from the Academic Appeals Committee, the Teaching Effectiveness Advisory Committee, and the Library Committee.
- Old Business: None
- New Business, Program changes, Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences
- School of Social Work, proposal to offer the Advanced Standing Program as an online option.
- Department of World Languages, Literatures and Cultures, proposal to modify the master’s degree in Spanish (SPANMA) by changing the distribution of additional credit hours under the Pedagogy track.
- New Business, Program changes, Graduate School and International Education
- Program in Cell and Molecular Biology, proposal to add a program-specific requirement for competence in spoken English.
- Program in Environmental Dynamics, proposal to require four courses instead of three and to require three semesters of ENDY 6991 Colloquium.
- Course change reports from the University Course and Programs Committee (UCPC) (Attachment B).
- Graduate faculty recommendations for graduate assistants: A preliminary list is attached (Attachment C). A complete list will be distributed at the meeting.
- Graduate faculty recommendations for faculty: A preliminary list is attached (Attachment D). A complete list will be distributed at the meeting.
- Other Business