Thursday, December 17th, 2015
Upchurch Conference Room, Bell Engineering
- Minutes for the November 19th, 2015, Graduate Council meeting will stand approved if no corrections are received. (Please review the Graduate Council Minutes).
- Report from Committees:
- Academic Appeals
- Teaching Assistant Effectiveness Advisory Committee
- Old Business:
- Fulbright College, Department of English, Program in Creative Writing, proposal to modify the MFA degree in Creative Writing (CRWRMF) by requiring two specific requirements within advanced coursework, deleting different course work requirements for students in the translation concentration, and specifying that the comprehensive exam is oral, not written. The remaining question for the Council is whether the GPA required for graduation from the program is being altered.
- College of Education and Health Professions, Department of Curriculum and Instruction, proposal to change the MAT degree in Secondary Education (SEEDMA) to Teacher Education (EDUCMA) and add two concentrations in Secondary Education and Multiple Level Education.
- New Business, College of Education and Health Professions
- Department of Curriculum and Instruction, Proposal to modify the Educational Specialist degree in Curriculum and Instruction (CIEDES) by requiring for admission consideration a brief narrative about previous work and educational experiences, and the student’s future goals. There are also editorial changes in the catalog copy.
- Department of Health, Human Performance and Recreation,
(1). Proposal to modify the M.AT. degree in Athletic Training (ATTRMA) by removing HHPR 5353 as a program requirement.
(2). Proposal to change the name of the Ph.D. degree in Kinesiology (KINSPH) to Health, Sport and Exercise Science (HSESPH) and add two concentrations in Health Behavior & Health Promotion and Recreation & Sport Management (in addition to the currently existing concentrations in Kinesiology-Exercise Science, Kinesiology-Pedagogy).
- As a result of the changes for the major, there are also changes in the existing concentrations: In Kinesiology-Exercise Science, HESC 5353 is being moved out of the concentration and into the core of the major and the number of hours for the concentration is reduced from 12 to 9. The 18 hours of required research and statistics and the 18 hours of dissertation are moved to the HSESPH core.
- In Kinesiology-Pedagogy, a requirement is added for those students entering in or
after fall 2016 to earn at least six credit hours in experiential courses (clinics,
externships and simulations courses).
(3). School of Nursing, Proposal to offer an additional concentration in Nurse Executive Leader for the MS degree in Nursing (NURSMS). This is in addition to the existing concentrations in Nurse Educator and Clinical Nurse Specialist.
- New Business, Fulbright College, Department of Geosciences, Proposal to create a new graduate certificate in Geospatial Technologies (GISTGC).
- New Business, Graduate School and International Education, Proposal to modify the
M.S. degree in Statistics and Analytics (STANMS) by a) adding seven concentrations
Analytics; business analytics; operations analytics; computational analytics; quantitative social sciences; educational statistics and psychometrics) and b) offering the degree on-line.
- Course change reports from the University Course and Programs Committee (UCPC) (Attachment B).
- Graduate faculty recommendations for faculty: A preliminary list is attached (Attachment C). A complete list will be distributed at the meeting.
- Other Business