Thursday, October 15th, 2015
Upchurch Conference Room, Bell Engineering
- Minutes for the September 17th, 2015, Graduate Council meeting will stand approved
if no corrections are received. (Please review the Graduate Council Minutes) before the meeting.
- Report from Committees:
- Academic Appeals
- Teaching Assistant Effectiveness Advisory Committee
- Old Business: If a program has been approved for students to “double count” some courses
for both the undergraduate and graduate degrees, does the Council wish for both courses
(on the undergraduate and graduate transcript) to show a grade, or to show a grade
on the undergraduate transcript and a mark of CR on the graduate transcript? A motion
was made and seconded to request that the grade show on both transcripts, but was
tabled so that Council members may gather input from their constituencies.
- New Business, College of Education and Health Professions, Department of Rehabilitation,
Human Resources, and Communication Disorders:
- Proposal to modify the Ed.D. degree in Adult and Lifelong Learning (ADLLED), to allow
C grades to be counted toward the degree.
- Proposal to modify the M.Ed. degree in Educational Technology (ETECME), to no longer
require a standardized test for admission to the program.
- New Business, College of Engineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering, Proposal to modify the M.S. degree (CHEGMS) by
removing two required courses and replacing them with elective courses; changing admission
criteria from requiring a B.S. in Chemical Engineering to recommending such a degree.
- Department of Chemical Engineering, Proposal to modify the Ph.D. degree (CHEGPH) by
removing two required courses and replacing one with an elective and removing the
other requirement altogether; changing the total number of required hours from 48
- Department of Computer Science and Computer Engineering, Proposal to delete the Ph.D.
degree in Computer Science and create a concentration in Computer Science under the
Ph.D. degree in Engineering.
- Department of Industrial Engineering, Proposal to modify the M.S.O.M. degree in Operations
Management (OPMGMS) by 1) assigning pre-requisites to some courses and not just to
the program; 2) adding the statement that OMGT 5003 is foundational to all courses
and must be taken in the first term; 3) changing curriculum requirements; and 4) deleting
Note: All program changes and program proposals may be viewed at Program Management). Program proposals are also listed in Attachment A.
- Course change reports from the University Course and Programs Committee (UCPC) (Attachment B).
- Graduate faculty recommendations for graduate assistants: A preliminary list is attached
(Attachment C). A complete list will be distributed at the meeting.
- Graduate faculty recommendations for faculty: A preliminary list is attached (Attachment D). A complete list will be distributed at the meeting.
- Other Business